Cakes sure have what it takes to lure us. The mind boggling bread and the creamy icing surely make cakes one of the most beloved foods on the face of the earth. They have become so important that any celebration cannot be imagined without the presence of a delicious cake. While cakes are many and all of them are delicious, there are some that make us happier than the others. One such cake is Red Velvet cake, especially heart shape cake. These are essentially chocolate cakes but with less Cocoa powder. Present your partner with one of these cakes and he/she is certainly going to be all hugs and kisses.
But what if you do not just present it to your special someone; you bake it and then present it? The happiness is most certainly going to shoot through the roof. Do not just get disheartened yet even if you do not know how to bake them. We are here to teach you just that. Here is the red velvet cake recipe. Try it out to establish yourself as the best chef among your friends and family members.
- 310 grams Cake Flour
- 16 grams Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 5 grams Baking Soda
- 5 grams Salt
- 113 grams Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 300 grams Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 220 grams Vegetable oil
- 5ml White Vinegar
- 10 grams Vanilla Extract
- 240 grams Buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 5ml Red Food Color
- 500 grams Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 156 grams Powdered Sugar
- 5 grams Vanilla Extract
- 300 grams Heavy Whipping Cream (Chilled)
- Take flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix it and keep the mixture aside.
- Take unsalted butter and sugar in a separate bowl and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time while constantly whisking the mixture. Add vegetable oil, white vinegar, Vanilla extract, and buttermilk and stir until the mixture becomes consistent.
- Add flour mixture to it and gently mix (do not add all the flour mixture at one go, add slowly, mix well and then add some more). Add red food color gel.
- Divide the mixture among two round greased cake pans (Make sure that the mixture is evenly spread). Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 degree C) for 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- To make the icing, take cream cheese in a bowl and whisk. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Take heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks start to form. Gently fold the cream cheese and sugar mixture into it.
- Slick a thin layer off the tops of the cakes to create a flat surface. Set aside the crumbs for later.
- Take a little less than half the frosting and spread it evenly over the flat surface. Place the second layer on it. Add the remaining frosting and spread it evenly on top and on the sides of the cake. Use a clean knife for the final finishing.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on the cake.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator.
You can bake a velvet cake even if you do not have an oven. Instead of an oven, you can use a pressure cooker. Spread salt in the cooker and preheat it on medium flame for 15 minutes. Place the cake pan inside the cooker and set the flame to low. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Your red velvet cake is ready to serve. Present it to a loved one and enjoy it together.
Recent Blog: How to send Women’s Day gifts to India from Abroad?